Abortion Alternatives: Facing an Unplanned Pregnancy and Considering Adoption
If you are pregnant and considering adoption, this may be a scary and confusing time for you. Unplanned pregnancy happens. And when it does, coping and weighing options, such as abortion, adoption or keeping your baby, is not easy.
You may wonder if you have the emotional or financial support to cope with the situation, are in a position to raise a child and if you want to be a parent. There will likely never be another decision in your life that will be more difficult or more important.
Everyone’s situation is different and personal. Know that adoption is a viable option and an alternative to parenting your child or abortion. If you are considering adoption, you might have a lot of questions, including:
- How would I choose an adoptive family?
- Does the birth father have to agree with the adoption?
- What if I am not sure who the father is?
- Will I be able to get help with living and medical expenses during my pregnancy?
- Can I get counseling during and after my pregnancy?
- Can I still see and hold my baby at the hospital?
- Would I be able to get pictures of my child as he or she grows up?
Along with having questions, you may be experiencing mixed feelings — some may make sense to you and others may not.
My staff and I are experienced with helping birth parents. We understand how overwhelming an unplanned pregnancy can be and are available to answer your questions and address your concerns.
If you are pregnant and considering adoption, it is free to meet with me — there is no fee — even if you are just exploring the idea of adoption. My staff and I can help you understand the adoption process and your options, but you will never feel any pressure.
Choosing adoption is your decision — and yours only.