Free Counseling. Pregnant and Considering Adoption?
Supportive, professional and free counseling is available to you during your pregnancy and after placement of your child for adoption.
During pregnancy and the adoption process, you will experience a variety of emotions. An unplanned pregnancy can be especially difficult because you did not have time to mentally or emotionally prepare for your pregnancy.
Emotional and mental support is a necessity, not a luxury. Good emotional and mental health benefits you and your baby. The healthier you are emotionally and mentally, the better able you are to make the best choices for you and your baby.
Free counseling is easily accessible and useful to help you:
- Decide if adoption is right for you and your child.
- Have a safe place to talk about your feelings and be supported.
- Learn and use healthy coping tools to work through pain and stress.
- Reinforce self-care, consistent sleep, and healthy ways to relax.
- Prepare for the hospital experience and relinquishment of your child.
- Handle post-adoption feelings of loss, grief, guilt, and depression.
- Reconcile your loss and reach a place of acceptance and peace.
- Find ways to accept, heal and come to terms with a “new normal” post-adoption.
- Learn how to explain adoption to other children you may be parenting.
- Talk about the future and next steps toward your long-term goals after adoption.
Counseling can involve other members of your family and can take place in any environment where you feel comfortable, including your home, our office or another place of your choice.
Empower yourself with the support and tools that will help set you and your baby up for long-term success and a positive adoption experience.
With over 25 years of experience advocating for children and families, I understand the vital role and value of counseling. In addition to being an attorney, I am also a licensed mental health counselor with extensive experience helping expectant, birth, and adoptive parents. Because of my knowledge of adoption law, counseling background, and adoption experience, I offer valuable skills for helping you manage the legal and emotional complexities of adoption.